Exhausted

Well, hello there. Welcome to the utterly exhausted, heavy eye lidded, almost grumpy Mama Gast blog. Now that Griffin has the freedom to get out of bed he is choosing to do so at like 5:45 each morning. I can sometimes get him to snuggle in bed with me for another 15 minutes or so (15 GOLDEN minutes) but even that seems fleeting. I am starting to feel like I did when I was in the newborn zone! Bruce is in a crush right now as the semester is coming to a screeching halt here in a couple of weeks and is trying to get his internship done ASAP so he is up and gone early each morning. Luckily we both have tomorrow off and we can catch up on some sleep (napping in shifts maybe??)! It hasn't been all bad though. Auntie Lexi came to town this week. I picked her up late Tuesday night and was able to have her stay with us until Thursday morning. She had to get on another plane on Friday -- lucky girl is going to meet our baby girl Alethia and stay with the Amors in Germany. We had a great time catching up, hanging out and playing with Griffin. We even fit in a quick trip to IKEA -- YEAH!! I mean who doesn't want a 100 tea lights or a new laundry basket or 3 picture frames for 3 bucks! It took her a day or so to readjust to Michigan weather after living on a tropical island for a couple of years. She was amazed at the ice sculptures that were hanging around.





On another note, big, huge, super CONGRATULATIONS to Matt and Vida on their engagement. We love you both so so much! Your passion, respect and commitment are beautiful to behold and we feel enriched after spending time with you.


So, that is about all for now...at least until I get some rest and clean up the cobwebs encircling my neurons. Oh yeah, and my orchid is still blooming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Christina Lucia Gast