Birthdays and Sisters


Oh, man, I am so excited. In a few short hours I am going to be on a plane headed to see my little sister and her family in Germany!! It has been a week filled with shopping, packing, and trying to nurse a horrible sinus infection. But all that is behind me now and I am almost on my way.

I had a wonderful birthday! Thank you to everyone who celebrated with me in one form or another...I can't tell you how much the phone calls, cards, presents and times out have meant to me. We are in such a transitory state right now and it feels good to know that we have such a warm supportive group of folks thinking of us. On my actual birthday I worked, but the night before we were able to join our friends, The Marinos, at my favorite restaurant, The Clarkston Union. The next day, my littlest sister, Alexis, was able to stop in again for a few more days. I LOVE having her around. She is so sweet, so smart, so gorgeous, so brave, it really is a treat to spend time with her!


Griff digs her too!





Alexis and I were able to spend a day at the mall for a mini makeover for me!! I don't think I had my hair professionally colored since before Griffin was born. So, I indulged in a spa pedicure, hair cut, colored and styled and my makeup done at The Body Shop. It felt so good to take care of myself for a minute!!

Here is my new do




Then later that day we went with a group down to Mexican town in Detroit for a delicious meal of Margaritas, guacamole, rice, beans and all types of tortilla wrapped delicacies. It was such a fun time!






Since then I have been busy picking up things for the trip, a playgroup date at my favorite art studio, working a bunch of shifts at the restaurant, and enjoying time with my guys. I leave you with some cute new pictures of Griff in the tub (it really is very clean...I have no idea why it looks like I poured soda down the back wall!). I will try to blog while I am in Germany, but if I don't have a chance...see ya on the flip side.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.