Is today my birthday?

So the big build up this year was priceless. Two weeks prior to his birthday, I heard every morning, "Is today my birthday?" for which I would answer "No, next Tuesday". So then the question switched to "Is today Tuesday?" I LOVE seeing Griffin getting excited and the anticipation causing an extra twinkle in his eye.
Auntie Alexis was actually able to fly up for the big event which was so HUGE for me. I really needed the help setting it up and it felt so good to be with her. I read a blog recently where the author spoke of her "love language". I think she was referring to what others do to/for you that make you feel their love. After mulling it over, I realize my "love language" is time. Spending your precious hours with me speaks volumes. Anyways, Alexis totally got that without my saying anything and was able to get here at a time when I really need an extra Love Boost. Yeah, and maybe she wanted to see her nephew too ! :)
Anyways, back to my 3 year old birthday party. So, we met a small gang of friends/family over at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner first. Although the food, service and prices were sub par as expected, the experience for Griffin was fantastic, as expected. (Bruce and I try very hard to not spend our money at chain restaurants and instead support the little guys, but we totally caved on this one. We figured since we had never been there as a family, it is only 5 miles away from the house, and it may be our only chance if we move this summer, why not just do it.) Griffin had a great time running around the restaurant with one of his Grandmas and his best buddy Jake. It was tough to get him to sit down long enough to eat.
Afterward, we all headed back to our house for a little backyard celebration. All in all it was a perfect celebration of our little guy. Here are a few pictures for ya'll who were there in spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.