Hanging out at Uncle Wallace's



In an effort to start new traditions in our new community, and because it wouldn't seem like fall if we didn't, we went to the pumpkin patch last weekend. Uncle Wallace's pumpkin patch to be exact. Griffin had a fantastic time.. There was another 3 yr. old boy there and they had a great time playing together. That is the hardest thing right now for Griffin (that and our constant pain of missing our dear Sunshine), not having any friends to play with. I swear I take him out for activities (parks, library story time, swimming at the YMCA, indoor play area, bike rides around the neighborhood) at least 6 days a week - I am not exaggerating, this kid needs daily exercise to function normally! But we never seem to find many kids his age...I am suspicious that I am missing some fabulous stay-at-home Mom hang-out. Anyways, all that to say, he had a great time playing in the pumpkin patch. As a horticulturalist, it is exciting for me to experience different Agra-tourism venues. Here are a few pictures of our day.








In other news, here is a housing update for y'all. We had the house inspected yesterday and it passed with flying colors. There were a few things that need some work, but nothing unexpected or overly strenuous for a 100 yr. old house. We LOVED the inspector, Mr. J.R. Bone, and I have a feeling we may see more of him in the future as he and Bruce seemed to hit it off. Besides, who wouldn't want a friend named J.R.?? We also me the current owners and they were so GREAT. Really friendly and helpful, showing us the little tricks to the house and asking us what kind of sinks and what color paint we would like in the new master bathroom...how awesome is that! They told us about the neighborhood traditions...Halloween parties and Christmas parades...I just can't wait until the house is ours.

Sprout seems to be doing well, although I haven't actually felt it moving yet - I think I have another couple of weeks for that. I did have to buy some maternity clothes last weekend as all of mine are buried in a storage unit and I am starting to show a little bit. The last couple of weeks I have been feeling much better and had a lot more energy but the last 2 days have been rough again. The bets are in and unanimously GIRL, except for mine...I still am feeling BOY although I had my first dream about Sprout last night and it was a little girly. We'll know for sure on the 30th.

Hope all you fellow Midwesterners (hmmm, is Kentucky considered Midwest?) survived the crazy storms yesterday! We sat out on the porch for a long time, feeling the winds blow in and watching the lightning...what an incredible show.

Comments

4cheeseheads said…
What a fun pumpkin patch. And that photo of Griffin with his pumpkin at the library looks alot like Bruce. His expression has Daddy written all over it. Too cute!

Saturday night we are going to Zoo Boo. There 6 other families from our playgoup going. Also, my in-laws who are visiting this weekend are coming too.
We'll post photos next week.

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.