Good news brings relief to worried minds

Hey there.  This unusually cold winter has seen the Gast family hibernating.  Between Bruce's health concerns, various weather events and a general feeling of gloominess we have all been laying low.  But now, it's almost SPRING baby and we are kicking it off with great news!
 We went to see Bruce's oncologist today and found out that his test results have come back CLEAN!  No sign of cancer!  WOOT WOOT!!!  His blood work was totally normal (who knew being normal would feel so special) and his x-rays showed no new tumors.  There is still a small cause for concern that the shell of the tumor itself has not shrunk but they are sure that there are no cancer cells alive there.  The radiation will still work for several more months and may continue to shrink it, as well as the vertebrae repairing themselves and forcing what is left of the tumor out.  All in all, we couldn't have gotten better news and the Dr. feels like Bruce is showing every sign of remaining cancer free.  Unfortunately, the effects of the radiation treatments are still affecting Bruce on a daily basis, but he was cleared by the Dr. today to increase his activity level.  Now it will be his time to use nutrition and exercise to bring his body back to optimum health.  We will be seeing a new neurosurgeon next week who will advise us on what kinds of activities are safe for Bruce to do in order to protect the unstable part of the vertebrae. 
  These last 6 months have been a really really hard time for us.  Bearing witness to my husbands journey through this scary disease and painful treatment has been life altering.  In some ways I feel as if my perspective on virtually EVERYTHING has changed and in other ways I feel like I'm just more "me" than I was before cancer touched my life.  I wish I had better words to describe this experience, but it's still so fresh and I still have so much to process.  I do know this, Bruce and I grew closer than ever to get through this trial.  We have faced it as a team and our partnership is vital and strong. 
Thank you for all the love and support that has been shared with us over the past six months.  That energy helped us during so many low moments.
Sending BIG LOVE and hopes for a gorgeous spring out to you all!
May you be happy,
May you be healthy,
May you be safe,
May you live with ease.

Peace, Christi

Comments

Nancy said…
GREAT news! Rejoicing with you!

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Christina Lucia Gast