update


We just spent an incredible weekend in St. Louis. It was amazing family time...so good to be together having a ton of fun. It really makes Bruce and I feel like our family is complete and we are so excited for the amazing adventures the four of us will have together. This is just a little taste of the possibilities once Lucy is more mobile! Unfortunately, Griffin fought a cold the whole weekend (hardly slowed him down) and Lucy and I woke up with it on Monday morning. I am feeling a little worse for wear today, so it will probably be tomorrow until I get the photos processed and some blogs about the trip written.
Last night Griffin started his third soccer season. We will have 3 weeks here that soccer and basketball overlap, so in the interest of sanity, Bruce and I have decided to split shifts and one of us take him to each practice while the other stays home with Lucy and makes dinner. I prefer soccer and he prefers basketball so it was an easy decision which to take. His soccer coaches this time are a husband and wife team that seemed to be pretty skilled themselves, which should make for a great season. Griffin will have the opportunity to learn a ton of new skills. On our way home from practice, I was talking to Griffin about how well he had done. We discussed how all the kids on the team had played soccer at least once before and that things were a little more focused this time. I was explaining to him that his coaches were going to expect him to be focused on the game and that if he was goofing around (he starts to as soon as he gets tired) they would take him out of the game and let someone else play. He instantly exclaimed, "They can't do that! Soccer is good for me!" Any fears I was harboring that we were pushing him were instantly alleviated.
Until tomorrow friends, peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.