Spring!

I had a phenomenal weekend!! It started with a visit from Pa and Ma Gast. They were on their way from Palm Springs back up to their summer home in N. Indiana. It was so fun to be able to entertain them at our house. We even got to check out their beautiful new home/5th wheel. They are doing fantastic, living their dreams and having a great time.
We are excited to be able to spend some time camping with them this summer!!!

A couple hours after they left, I jumped in the car with two dear friends and we headed down to Nashville for a girls night. This is the first time I have left alone since Lucy was born. It felt great to just be an adult for one night with no ones needs but my own to consider. We had an awesome time. The weather was perfect, even though it is less than 2 hours south, they are a week farther ahead into spring. We marveled at the cherry blossoms and tulips in full bloom!

Living in a small town for over three years now, it's easy to forget how much I absolutely love to be in the city. I love the architecture, the people, the hustle. I love being able to walk so many places. We had so much fun exploring the downtown areas, stopping in anywhere that looked interesting. It has renewed my desire to spend more time in the cities near us! There is soooo much I want the kids to see and experience.
I had a wonderful time and was also really happy when I got home, back to my family.
Welcome, Spring!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Mommy's need time too. Glad you had a great time. So close to Nashville lucky!

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.