Remembering....

Always been a crafter....
I've been going through EVERYTHING, preparing for my first ever garage sale. It's going to be EPIC, OK, well, maybe it'll just be nice to pass things along to someone who might actually use them AND lighten our load. Just came across an old plastic lunch box filled with finished hemp/bead jewelry. I had made it in college to sell at Phish show lots! HA! How times have changed. It was fun to be like Oprah though, "You get a hemp necklace! You get a hemp necklace!" Every living thing in our home (or happened by our home that day - Hilary!) that has a neck got a necklace! Might put the extra on ETSY one of these days, you know, share the memories with others! It was such a bittersweet time going through so many boxes of memories. Some memories I realized, will always be with me and I don't need to keep a "thing" to help me remember it. Other items sparked a flood of emotion about a person, place or time in my life. Pretty heavy stuff! I am pretty much done with the job now and have about 10 large boxes of stuff to get rid of and it feels so good. Preparing for the next adventure, making room in our lives for the new.
So, we are off for Griffin's Birthday Camping Trip Extravaganza!! Sooooo, looking forward to enjoying quiet time, away from the stress of daily life, just enjoying each other's company.
I'll see ya all on the flip side. Have a wonderful looooong weekend.
May you be happy! May you be healthy! May you be safe! May you have ease in living!

Comments

Christina said…
I remember...oh so well...you making them, wearing them, your friends wearing them! Save one for me!

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.