Cracker Jack #2

So, Griffin was supposed to play his first soccer game last Saturday but unfortunately he woke up with a terrible stomach ache. We let him decide and he chose to skip the game - so unlike him! This morning though, he was ready to go! It was a little emotional for me at first, watching my little guy out there alone.
This is the begining for him...all the twists and turns his road will take, all the challenges and adventures laying before him that I won't be there to influence for him. It took a lot of self-control and a stern lecture from Bruce to keep me on the sidelines. I want to go tell him "Keep your eye on the ball! Listen to your coach!! Stop pulling your pants up!!! Keep your hands to yourself!!! Try to kick the ball!!" My primal Mama urges to protect and direct him are so strong!

Finally, I let go and let the giggles flow, loving and accepting Griff for who he is right now. He is Cracker Jack #2....most of the time he is in the back of the pack, when he is anywhere near the pack that is.


He spent alot of the game like this,



and this (what the heck is he doing????????)



And in the end, I remember that he is only 3 and that this is for fun. One look in his eyes tells me he is enjoying every minute of it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am glad he had fun. That's what it's about at that age.

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.