White

AHHH, spring flowers. Lilacs are my very favorite flowers. Their abundant delicate blossoms, bright heart shaped leaves combined with that FRAGRANCE...what a combo. We had a few purple lilac bushes in our yard in Michigan that I LOVED, so we have been delighted to see that we have a white lilac bush in our yard here. It was so fun to start my morning by cutting a bunch to arrange in the house.
Lilacs also will always remind my of my sister Sarah. I did the flowers for Sarah and Leo's wedding in D.C. a few years back. A couple of days before the wedding, Sarah and I went into the city to the fresh market and picked out all kinds of seasonal blossoms for the wedding. She picked lovely purple lilacs for her own bouquet. We brought all the flowers back to my hotel room and I spent the next day or so arranging all the lovelies. The best part, aside from the smell in my room was the parade of people who showed up at all times of day and night to help out. I remember drinking wine with Bruce and my bro Erik at 2 A.M. with me teaching them how to make boutonnieres - such good times. All the assorted parents came by, cousins and Aunts from all over the states and Norway ...everyone put their fingerprints on the project. So, Sarah and Leo, these are for you:
I also found these little friends in the yard today. Any ideas what it could be? The plant looks like it could be in the allium family but it doesn't have that signature onion smell.

Comments

4cheeseheads said…
I love those mystery flowers. I emailed my stepmom (Jan) to see if she knows what they are. They are beautiful and unique.

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.