Father's Day

Bruce, today I thank you...


- for being the most amazing Papa ever!

-for honoring me as the mother of your children, treating me as an equal partner, desiring me like a girlfriend.


-for teaching Griffin how to use a screwdriver, drill, whisk or spatula when clearly, it would be faster and easier to complete those tasks alone.


-for knowing the difference when Griffin needs calm reassurance or stern discipline.


- for spending HOURS on the floor playing, growing Griffin's huge imagination.


- for always being "on" and ready to pitch in, be it first thing in the morning, the minute you walk in the door from work or in the middle of the night.


- for demanding little to no "me" time...something we definitly need to give you more of.


- for always making me feel like the details of my day are important to you.


- for accepting the responsibility/position of King of this household and always treating me like your Queen.


- for being the driver. :)


- for offering to watch basketball on the little t.v.


- for happily doing a ton of the cooking.


-for regularly offering to wash the dinner dishes.


- for doing all the lawn mowing, trash removal and fix-it jobs without complaint.


- for teaching our son how to be a good man by always treating me with love and respect.


-for finding one smile from our daughter enough to make your day.


- for changing diapers, even poopy ones.


-for always making extended family events a priority.


- for having long, challenging conversations with me at night so that I can have "adult" time even when you are clearly exhausted.


- for never being critical of me, never making me feel inadequate, always giving me the love and encouragement I need.


-for working so hard, so many hours, so that I can stay home with our children during these critical years.


-for believing in me, that I am the best person for our children to spend their days with and that our sacrifices will always be worth it.


-for continuing to be adventurous, even with two children in tow.


-for still cracking me up.


-for filling this home with music.

- for being the amazing dude that you are!


I love you more everyday,


Christi



Comments

Anonymous said…
That seriously made me cry...I'm so happy you found such a great man!

Alexis

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.