we used up all the red food coloring

This is the first year I have made cut out cookies with Griffin. I guess this was the first year he specifically asked to do it. I had always avoided it due to THE MESS I was sure it would bring. I have to say though, all these smiles were well worth the 15 minutes of scrubbing red icing off his hands, cheeks, the chair, the floor, his shirt and Sunshine's head (almost always located directly below an eating child.)


He has since mentioned our cookie making to every friend, clerk, passerby, neighbor that has come his way since. I think he really enjoyed it. I try to remember that this is truly what I want him to remember about the holidays of his youth, all the fun moments together.





Comments

janine said…
Looks like fun! I admit that I sometimes avoid "messy" projects (especially with twins!) . . . and sometimes I think like you, that the memory is worth the mess!

The fact that he mentioned it to everyone shows what a special time it was for him!

Happy holidays!
love!
4cheeseheads said…
He's having a blast. Yes the mess of cut out cookies (and frosting them) is enormous but the little ones just love it. I've been doing it with Jake and Casey for years for many holidays (Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving). That's 5 holidays and 10 huge messes (5x2kids). But so much joy on their faces. I'm glad to hear Griffin love it so much.

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.